Zeeland Seaports is the third seaport of the Netherlands and plays an important economic role. It owes this leading position in no small part to its good accessibility and excellent connections with the European hinterland.
Major advantages of the area are:
- an open connection with the North Sea
- deep navigation water and hardly any tidal limitations
- good, uncongested hinterland connections
- an efficient rail network
- excellent connections with the European inland waterways
- an extensive pipeline network